NET 2017 Exam Description
NET - National Eligibility Test is one of the most important and well known entrance examinations. National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam conducted by University Grants Commission. NET, is the first step for any aspirant who desires (his/her) career in the education industry as Lecturer or professor.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
|Third||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.) IST|
- Paper I will start from 09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. This paper will have questions based on general nature, aimed to evaluate the research or teaching aptitude, comprehension, reasoning ability and divergent thinking in the candidates.
- There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper II will start from 11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper III will start from 02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.
- The question of paper II and III will come from the entire syllabus including the electives.
- The candidates will have to dot down their answers in the Optical Mark Reader(OMR) sheet.
NOTE : Each correct answer will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
|Category Name||Application Fee|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer ||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ST/ Persons with disability (PwD)||Rs. 150/-|
|Online Application Form Submission||11th August 2017|
|Last date for Applying Online||11th September 2017|
|Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC BANK)||12th September 2017|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||19th to 25th Sep, 2017|
|Uploading of Admit Card||3rd week of Oct 2017|
|Date of Examination||05th November2017|
- For General Category Candidates – 55% aggregate in Master's Degree or Equivalent Degree
- For ST/SC/OBC/ PWD Candidates – 50% aggregate in Master's Degree
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- A final year student of Master's Degree or passed out student whose result is still awaited is also eligible for UGC NET Exam.
AGE LIMIT& RELAXATION
- The candidates who are applying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship must not age more than 28 years.
- There's no such upper age limit criteria for Assistant Professors.
- 5 years' age relaxation will be provided to candidates belonging to OBC, ST, SC, PWD and Women Applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research on any subject of maximum 5 years, only if the certificate is produced by appropriate university or institute.
- 3 Years Relaxation in Age will be provided to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
NOTE : Total Relaxation in Age will not exceed five years under any circumstances. EXEMPTION (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)