NET 2017 Exam Description
NET - National Eligibility Test is one of the most important and well known entrance examinations. National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam conducted by University Grants Commission. NET, is the first step for any aspirant who desires (his/her) career in the education industry as Lecturer or professor.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
|Third||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.) IST|
- Paper I will start from 09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. This paper will have questions based on general nature, aimed to evaluate the research or teaching aptitude, comprehension, reasoning ability and divergent thinking in the candidates.
- There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper II will start from 11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper III will start from 02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.
- The question of paper II and III will come from the entire syllabus including the electives.
- The candidates will have to dot down their answers in the Optical Mark Reader(OMR) sheet.
NOTE : Each correct answer will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
- Paper - II
- Chaucer to Shakespeare
- Jacobean to Restoration Periods
- Augustan Age: 18th Century Literature
- Romantic Period
- Victorian Period
- Modern Period
- Contemporary Period
- American and other non-British Literature's
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Rhetoric and Prosody
- Paper III- A (Core group)
- British Literature from Chaucer to the present day
- Criticism and Literary Theory.
- Unit-I: Literary Comprehension With internal choice of poetry stanza and prose passage; four comprehension questions will be asked carrying 4 marks each.
- Unit-II: Up to the Renaissance
- Unit-III: Jacobean to Restoration Periods
- Unit-IV: Augustan Age 18th Century Literature
- Unit-V: Romantic Period
- Unit-VI: Victorian and Pre-Raphaelites
- Unit-VII: Modem British Literature
- Unit-VIII: Contemporary British Literature
- Unit-IX: Literary Theory and Criticism up to T. S. Eliot
- Unit-X: Contemporary Theory
- Paper III- B (Elective or Optional)
- Elective-I: History of English Language, English Language Teaching.
- Elective-II: European Literature from Classical Age to the 20th Century.
- Elective-III: Indian writing in English and Indian Literature in English translation.
- Elective-IV: American and other non-British English Literatures.
- Elective-V: Literary Theory and Criticism.
For Details Information : http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/30.pdf
- Exam Name: ENGLISH
- Price: FREE
- Large Question Bank
- Free Unlimited Practice