NET 2017 Exam Description
NET - National Eligibility Test is one of the most important and well known entrance examinations. National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam conducted by University Grants Commission. NET, is the first step for any aspirant who desires (his/her) career in the education industry as Lecturer or professor.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
|Third||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.) IST|
- Paper I will start from 09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. This paper will have questions based on general nature, aimed to evaluate the research or teaching aptitude, comprehension, reasoning ability and divergent thinking in the candidates.
- There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper II will start from 11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper III will start from 02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.
- The question of paper II and III will come from the entire syllabus including the electives.
- The candidates will have to dot down their answers in the Optical Mark Reader(OMR) sheet.
NOTE : Each correct answer will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
- UGC NET Teaching Aptitude :
- Teaching : Nature, Objectives, Characteristics and Basic Requirements.
- Learner's Characteristics.
- Factors affecting Teaching.
- Methods of Teaching.
- Teaching aids.
- Evaluation Systems.
- UGC NET Research Aptitude :
- Research : Meaning, Characteristics and Types
- Steps of Research.
- Methods of Research.
- Research Ethics.
- Paper, Articles, Workshop, Seminar, Conference and Symposium.
- Thesis Writing : Its characteristics and format.
- Reading Comprehension :
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
- UGC NET Communication :
- Communication : Nature, Characteristics, Types, Barriers and Effective Classroom Communication.
- Reasoning ( including Mathematical ) :
- Number Series; Letter Series; Codes.
- Relationships; Classification.
- Logical Reasoning :
- Understanding the Structure of Argument.
- Evaluating and distinguishing Deductive and Inductive Reasoning.
- Verbal Analogies; Word Analogy – Applied Analogy.
- Verbal Classification.
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams; Simple Diagrammatic Relationship, Multi – Diagrammatic Relationship.
- Venn Diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
- Data Interpretation :
- Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data.
- Information and Communication Technology ( ICT ) :
- ICT : Meaning, Advantages, Disadvantages and Uses.
- General Abbreviation and Terminology.
- Basics of Internet and E – mailing.
- People and Environment :
- People and Environment Interaction.
- Sources of Pollution.
- Pollutants and their impact on Human Life, Exploitation of Natural and Energy Resources.
- Natural hazards and mitigation.
- Higher Education System : Governance, Polity and Administration :
- Structure of the Institutions for Higher Learning and Research in India; Formal and Distance Education; Professional / Technical and General Education; Value Education; Governance, Polity and Administration; Concept, Institutions and their Interactions.
For Details Information: http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/00.pdf
- Exam Name: PAPER I
- Price: FREE
- Large Question Bank
- Free Unlimited Practice