Jawaharlal Institute OF Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research(JIPMER) 2017 Notification
JIPMER is a National level medical entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry is one of the best institutions in the field of medical education through all over India. All the candidates those who want to get admission in MBBS course are welcome to get a part in JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2017 which will be held on 04.06.2017. Jipmer is an institution established through an Act of Parliament and NEET is not applicable to this institution.
|Name of Tests
||No. Of Questions
|English Language and Comprehension
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning
Marks Scheme Details
- Each answer with CORRECT RESPONSE shall be awarded FOUR MARKS.
- NO Marks will be deducted for INCORRECT RESPONSE.
- ZERO mark will be given for the question NOT ANSWERED.
|General (UR) & P- UR||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC ||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as
|SC/ST & P-SC||Rs.1,000 + Transaction Charges as
|NRI/OCI||Rs.2,500 + Transaction Charges as
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
|Name of Exams||Date|
|On-line Registration from||27.03.2017 (Monday) 11.00 AM|
|On-line Registration closes on ||03.05.2017 (Wednesday) 5.00 PM
|Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in
(The Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post)||22.05.2017 (Monday) 10.00 AM
04.06.2017 (Sunday) 8.00 AM
|Date & Time of Entrance Examination (Two Shifts – Online Mode Only)||04.06.2017 (Sunday)
Morning Shift :- 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM
Afternoon Shift :- 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM|
|Expected date of publication of Merit
List ||On or Before 19th June 2017
|Counseling of Choosing for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal
|First Counseling (Tentative)||27th to 30th JUNE 2017|
|Second Counseling (Tentative)||19th JULY 2017|
|Third Counselling(Tentative)||23rd August 2017|
|Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the
receipt for payment of fees etc…)||03.07.2017 (Monday) 8.00 AM.
For the Students who have opted to Join
in JIPMER, Karaikal
|Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation
||03.07.2017 (Monday) – For Karaikal Students
04.07.2017 (Tuesday) – For Puducherry
|Commencement of Course ||05.07.2017 (Wednesday) 09.00 AM|
|Foundation Course||Foundation course will be held for
JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER,
Karaikal separately at the respective
|Close of Admissions for MBBS 2017 Session ||30.09.2017 (Saturday) 01.00 PM|
- The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2017, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2001. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants).
No upper age limit.
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure - I lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER).
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
- Exam Name: JIPMER
- Price: FREE
- Large Question Bank
- Free Unlimited Practice