General Info on Coal India Ltd
Ministry of Coal, Government of India, is the single largest coal producing company in the World and one of the largest corporate employers of the country with manpower of 3.2lakhs approximately. It operates 413 mines in 82 mining areas across eight states in India (West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh & Assam). It has recorded gross sale of Rs.1,08,150.03 Cr with profit after tax of Rs. 14,274.33 Crores in financial year 2015-16. CIL produces over 84% of the country's entire coal output and around 72% of the power generation in the country is supported by CIL. It virtually fuels and empowers the power sector in the country on a continual basis. In order to support our future growth and transformation challenges, we invite applications from young, energetic and dynamic persons for the post of MANAGEMENT TRAINEES recruitment through Online Applications Mode in different disciplines as per details given below:
||Opening date for On-line Registration of Applications
||05.01.2017 : 10.00 AM
||Last date of On-line Submission of Applications with Fee
||03.02.2017 : 11.00 PM
||Date of Computer Based On-line Examination
Qualification & Eligibility Criteria
||Name of Discipline
||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE/B.Sc.(Engg.)in relevant branch of Engineering with Minimum 60% marks.
Important Points on Qualification and Eligibility
- Candidates who have completed their Degree/Diploma on or before 1 December 2016 are only eligible to apply. The candidates appeared/appearing in final year/semester and awaiting their results (of minimum required qualification) not eligible to apply.
- The Educational Qualifications must be from the recognised University/Institute. In case of any dispute arising about admissibility of any particular qualification, the decision of the Management of Coal India Limited shall be final and binding.
- Wherever percentage (%) of marks is not awarded by the University/Institute and only grades (e.g. GPA /CGPA/CQPI) are awarded, the same should be converted to the exact equivalent percentage (%) of marks as per the following formula On a 10-point scale CGPA/GPA of 6.0 will be considered as 60%.
- For the purpose of calculating final marks, the aggregate marks of all semesters/ years would be taken. Rounding of %age will not be acceptable under any circumstances, hence 60% of marks and above will only be considered.
- The MBA/PG Diploma/PG Degree/M.Sc/M.Tech must be from the recognized
University/Institute, recognized by appropriate statutory authority in India and should be of 2 years regular/full time course.
- The qualifying marks for General and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) Category candidates are 60%. However, for SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates, 5% relaxation is given in qualification marks (i.e., 55%).
- In case there is no vacancy under SC/ST/OBC-NCL category in the advertised disciplines, for General Category Post/Vacancy, candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL meeting with all general category of eligibility can apply, but their consequent relaxation in age/marks otherwise applicable for reserved categories will not be considered.
Details of Number of Vacancies (Tentative) Including Unfilled Reserved Vacancies
||Type of disabilities identified for the post*
|Abbreviation: OH-Orthopedic Handicapped VH-Visually handicapped, HH-Hearing Handicapped, OL-One Leg,
Coal India Limited (CIL) MT 2017 Selection Process
- Applicants Contenders who are applied for this CIL notification should attend the computer based online examination will be held in 91 cities as mentioned in the On-line application form. Candidates may opt 2 examination centers in order of their preferences. The Centre(s) opted will not be changed at a later stage after submission of Application Form. Coal India Ltd. reserves the right to allocate any examination Centre or change the Centre opted by the candidate.
- Computer Based On-line Examination: The On-line Exam will be held for duration of 3 Hours (in one sitting) consisting of two Papers. Paper-I will consist of General Knowledge/Awareness, Reasoning, Numerical ability and General English and Paper-II - Professional Knowledge (Discipline related) with 100 objective type questions with multiple choice answers in each Paper. Each question will carry 1 mark and there is no penalty for wrong answer. No marks will be awarded for un-attempted questions. The question paper shall be set in bilingual language i.e. English and Hindi only.
- Personal Interview: List of candidates who are declared as qualified/shortlisted for the Interview will be uploaded in the website and they will be intimated about the date, time and venue through E-mail only. The Interview call letters are also required to be downloaded/ printed from the Company's website on the announcement of Interview schedule. Similarly, the final list of selected candidates will also be uploaded in the website and they will also be intimated about the joining date and other formalities through website and to candidates Email Id.
Important Point on Coal India Ltd MT 2107 Exam
- Mode of Examination is Computer Based Online Test.
- Type of Question is Multiple Choice type Question.
- The examination consists of 100 questions & 100 Marks in each paper (Paper I and Paper II).
- Online Exam will be held for 3 Hours consists of two papers.
- Each Question will carry 1 Mark, and there is no penalty for the wrong answer.
- The CIL Question Paper will be bilingual, i.e., in English and Hindi Only.
- Qualifying Marks: 40 marks(UR), 35 marks(OBC),30 marks(SC/ST/PWD)
All about Application Process
HOW TO APPLY:
Sequence-wise actions to be followed by the candidates for filling-up of Online Applications are as under:
- Visit CIL website and Click Apply Online button.
- Read Important Instructions and Click on (J) 'I Agree' Button.
- Register by filling up necessary details (discipline opted, name, original category, applied category, PwD category, Mobile No. and e-mail ID and click on Submit Button).
- Check Application Sequence No., User ID & Password received on your e-mail and mobile number.
- Re-login to your account by entering user ID and password received through e-mail.
- Fill-up application form and upload Photo, Signature and relevant Documents.
- Check Preview of the Application Form and make corrections, if any.
- Press Submit Button.
- Make payment through Debit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking (if applicable).
- Take Print out of application form and payment acknowledge slip.
- Please do not send hard copy document to Coal India Ltd.
General Instructions for filling up of Application
- The candidate shall apply through On-line mode only, as per the qualifications and eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- Before starting to fill-up the online application, keep ready with you the following
- E-Mail ID (valid at least for one year).
- Mobile No. (valid at least for one year).
- Personal and Educational qualification details
- Details of Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking for making fee (Rs. 1000/- for General Category and OBC Creamy Layer and Non Creamy Layer, as applicable).
- Scanned Copy of Recent Photograph (not more than 3 weeks old in jpg/jpeg format).
- Scanned Copy of Signature with Blank ink pen (in jpg/jpeg format).
- Scanned Copies of documents (in pdf format), as follows:
- Documentary proof of Date of Birth (Matriculation/10th/12th /HSC, Certificate).
- Final/Provisional Degree/Certificate for Graduation &Post Graduation, as applicable.
- Caste Certificate in respect of reserved categories in prescribed proforma(OBC Non Creamy Layer, SC/ST)
- PWD Certificate in case of Persons with Disability candidates in prescribed format.
- Service Certificate in case of Ex-servicemen.
- Scribe Certificate, if applicable (may be downloaded during filling-up of application).
- Declaration from recognized Non creamy layer status in respect of OBC (NCL) candidates in prescribed format.
- Certificate in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority in respect of J&K domicile.
- A candidate can apply for one discipline only. Application of candidate applying for more than one discipline will summarily be rejected. In case of multiple applications for the same
discipline, the last application would be considered as final and all other applications made prior to the last-one, shall be treated as null and void.
- The last date for submission of application is 03.02.2017 up to 11.00 PM.
- Exam Name: CIL MT NON TECHNICAL
- Price: FREE
- Large Question Bank
- Free Unlimited Practice