This is the good news for the candidates who dream work in Indian Army and to serve the nation. The Indian Army is ready to recruit all the interested and eligible candidates to join Indian Army through Official Notification. All the eligible candidates can apply the online application from the Official Website of Indian Army.
A. Method of Selection
The selection process will be based on two phases of tests:
1. Eligible candidates will be called for interview by a Board of Officers in the month of Jan 2018 at Kolkata to assess their suitability and merit for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
2. The candidate who qualify in the interview will have to undergo Special Medical Examination Board (SMB).
3. The candidates appearing for interview for the first time will be paid to and for sleeper-class railway/bus fare.
B. Physical and Medical:
1. Every candidate on being qualified in interview will have to attend the Initial Medical Examination (IME) constituted by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards.
2. The proceedings will remain confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared „UNFIT‟ by the Initial Medical Examination (IME) may apply for the Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
3. The procedure for AMB will be explained by the President of Initial Medical Examination. Candidates are advised to note that DGAFMS/DG-1A has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards (AMB) and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to.
B. Fee Details
|S NO||Category||Application Fee|
|1||All candidates||Rs. 200/-|
C. Important Dates
|S NO||Name of Events||Dates|
|1||Registration starts on||2nd Dec 2017|
|2||Registration close on||28th December 2017|
|3||Tentative date of Interview||08 Jan 2018 to 19 Jan 2018|
D. Eligibility Criteria
A. Age Limit (as on 31st December 2018) – Maximum Age 45 years.
B. Educational Qualification
1. You must have (MBBS) Post Graduate Degree/Diploma from State Medical Council/MCI/NBE, included in First/Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of IMC Act 1956.
2. You must have Permanent Registration from any State Medical Council/MCI.
3. You should have completed/completing internship on or before 31st December 2017.
4. You should not have Applicants who have taken more than two chances in final Prof. MBBS (Part I & II) Examination.
To read the Official Notification click the link given below: